Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error attempting to subscribe to calendar

OS X 10.8.4, MBP 17-inch, Mid 2010.

Attempting to subscribe to a public calendar, I get the following text in an alert message box: "There was an unexpected error with the request on subscribed calendars (error -1)."

I can subscribe to the same calendar successfully from a Windows 7 PC with Outlook 2007. Does anyone have ideas on what I may be running into? Even a slightly more informative error message would be helpful.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 7:02 AM

1 reply

Sep 18, 2013 4:19 PM in response to imikem2

I was having this same issue when trying to subscribe to an ICS file on a web server. After lots of messing around with things, I discovered that the server was not sending the correct content type in it's response headers.

I added the custom mime type "text/calendar" for files ending in ".ICS" to the server's configuration (luckily this is a server I have control off) and it works fine for me now.

It looks like Calendar requires the mime type / content type to be:

Content-Type: text/calendar

You can check the content-type your server is providing in it's headers at the following site: http://urivalet.com/. Just paste the URL of the ICS file you are trying to subscribe to and scroll through the headers to see the value for "Content-Type". Let the server administrator know if it needs to be changed to text/calendar for *.ics files.

Good luck.

T

Error attempting to subscribe to calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.