Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes and App Store keep asking for password.

If I log into the Mac App Store or iTunes to purchase an app/song I get prompted for a username and password, as expected; but then it just keeps asking. If I type in a purposly wrong password it will tell me it's wrong, but when I put in the correct one it seems to take it but the dialog just pops up again. This occurs on my MacBook Pro, my iMac and my MacPro. This also happens if I try to 'view account'. Every now and again I will break through this loop and see my account details, but if I try to change something, say my purchase methode, I get 'session timed out'.

I can log into the website just fine, I know the password is good.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 6:43 AM

9 replies

Jun 26, 2013 8:25 PM in response to jasondaemon

I'm having a similar problem. When I open iTunes I kept getting a "We're sorry, we cannot complete your request on the Itunes Store at this time. Please try again later." error message. I also couldn't update my apps. I was able to stop the messages by signing out. Unfortuantely, I can't sign in now. 😢 I don't get an incorrect password message, though. Instead I get the same error message.

User uploaded file

I then I tried updating my apps on my iPod Touch but then I get a "Cannot connect to the iTunes Store" error message.

User uploaded file

So, like you I think the problem is on their end. Hopefully, it's just a temporary glitch. I'm going to go my favorite coffee shop and see if I can download there.

Thanks,

Brian

Jun 28, 2013 3:06 PM in response to gail from maine

Gail,

By 9:30 that night everything was back to normal. So, for whatever reason, I was in that 20% of users.

What part of California? I'm a native - SoCal....

West Ventura County. I've also lived in the San Fernando valley and Orange County. I'm not a native but I've lived

continuously in Southern California since I was 5.

Take care,

Brian

iTunes and App Store keep asking for password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.