Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get full iWork '09?

Scenario: I want to get a KN presentation from my Mac to my iPad Mini (I'm an iPad newbie) using Dropbox (don't want to use iCloud because I won't have internet access where I have to present). On the Mac (10.8.4) I have KN, Pages, and Numbers (and Dropbox); I bought KN and Pages for the iPad (6.1.3), but don't need Numbers (unless that'd solve my problem, below).

Problem: Dropbox transfer works fine, but when I tried to open the KN, I got "Presentation couldn't be imported. KN only supports docs saved with iWork '09." I believe I have the same KN version as I'd have with iWork, 5.3, this is apparently not good enough; I need the whole iWork package.

Question: If I only buy Numbers for the iPad will I then have a "full iWork '09" on it, or must I buy the whole iWork package, which would mean re-buying KN and Pages?

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 8:44 AM

4 replies

Jun 30, 2013 5:42 PM in response to gbdoc

First, make sure you're not saving the files you expect to send to Dropbox as packages. Right-click or control-click one of your documents and see if you have an option to "Show Package Contents" (if you don't see that option, you're good).

Also, from checking around the discussions, there's an extra service that helps Dropbox to work more like iCloud, that's DropDAV. There's an article about it here.

http://techinch.com/blog/integrate-dropbox-with-pages-keynote-and-numbers-on-ipa d

Jul 5, 2013 7:53 AM in response to Kyn Drake

Thanks, Kyn. I imagine your suggestion works, but meanwhile I found another way. ITunes' "file sharing" capability, at least when my iPad's wired to my Mac, works like a charm, and I had no problem opening and using my presentation. Interestingly, when on the iPad, in KN, I "add" the file I added to iTunes, one of the options is "copy from WebDAV" (the other is "copy from iTunes"). While I still don't know more about the "full iWork" problem, that's now OBE.

How can I get full iWork '09?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.