Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre-fetch software instrument on track.

I hope I can explain this clearly!

Is there any way to have logic 'fetch' a midi instrument when the playhead is positioned half way through it?

When sorting out the merge and positioning of long samples I have to place the playhead before the begining of the midi data, which is a pain when the software instrument is long, such as the nature samples.

Cheers.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 9:41 AM

7 replies

Jun 25, 2013 12:38 AM in response to CCTM

I do remember MIDI Note Chase in Logic being reported as unreliable/buggy, I'll see if I can find those discussions/reports; the recommendation was to keep Note chasing disabled.

So why not just put those long samples as audio files on their own tracks, instead of playing them from a sampler? Then there's no need to chase anything.

Jun 25, 2013 3:31 AM in response to CCTM

Thanks folks.

For the time being my needs for this are simple and it maybe that this is my answer. I am quite new to logic and it maybe that there is a far better way to achieve what I need.

To work with these long samples as audios, would I bounce them out then pull them back in, or is there a better way?

Thanks again.

Pre-fetch software instrument on track.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.