Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 itunes match accounts on same computer

My wife and I just purchased our first iMac (yay us).

We set it up with 2 user id's, both administrator, and began personalising our profiles. She set up her music match on her profile and I discovered that when i logged in under my profile and tried to do the same with my seperate account music match account that I could not. I got a message saying that the device was already associated with another music match id. What can I do, I would have thought that it would be a relatively simple thing to associate two seperate accounts with two seperate profiles, not so I guess.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 10:48 AM

6 replies

Jun 26, 2013 12:22 PM in response to dpscannell

Hi dpscannell,

Welcome to the Support Communities ... and congratulations on the purchase of your new iMac.

iTunes Match can only be applied to one Apple ID on one authorized computer.

iTunes Store: Subscribing to iTunes Match

It sounds like your best bet to access all of the music between your two user accounts is to use Home Sharing.

Understanding Home Sharing

I hope this information helps ....

Have a great day!

- Judy

Aug 22, 2016 11:25 PM in response to dpscannell

I've been having this same issue and after searching around for ages have finally figured out how to do this! If you set up the payment information on both apple accounts to the same credit card, it will let you authorize on both admin accounts. This seems a bit arbitrary, though I suppose they want to ensure it's truly from the same family(?) Either way I wish this had been made more clear.

I'm not sure if this will matter, but for the sake of thoroughness: I updated the account that was presently registered to the computer (my husbands) and changed his credit card information to my own (which was listed on my un-working apple id). Once I updated his payment information to my card info, I could then switch to my computer account and authorize the iCloud library!

2 itunes match accounts on same computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.