Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch is frozen!

Hello there,

About half an hour ago, my iPod touch froze on me. I know that this question is asked everyday but I need the help.

I read the Apple "if your ipod is frozen" guide but it didn't help me. The power button, volume control, and home button have of no function.The touchscreen is not responding.

I plugged it into my PC (Win. 7 64bit, it has the latest iTunes on it) and it isn't regognized by either Windows or iTunes.

I tried to put it into Recovery Mode, but (like said above) the power buttons had no function.

And, the iPod has half battery power.

PLEASE HELP! Getting rid of all the data is of my last option, but I will (unfortunately) do that if thats all that is left of my iPod.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 1:56 PM

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2013 1:56 PM in response to Superluigi6

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My iPod touch is frozen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.