Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to drag and drop out of aperture

Hi,

As of a few days ago i've had a slight problem with my aperture libary.

I can no longer drag and drop images out of aperture onto the desktop or other apps etc.

I have not changed anything it was working fine until just recently - I haven't modified or done anything to change the behaviour.

Aperture settings has previews enabled.

I have attempted to regenerate previews by selecting images and clicking regenerate

I have rebuilt permissions

I have rebuilt the entire library

I have re-installed aperture

I have manually deleted previews and thumbnails from within the aperture library to force a rebuilt.

Nothing works.

I cannot drag out files

with the exeption I can drag and drop files which have had edits done to it - so the original master has been edited and it's created a modified version.

As I said - previews are enabled and I can also right click and export version or master without issues for any files.

I have latest versions of aperture 3.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), IMAC 2009

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 4:28 PM

Dan,

can you please clarify a few points?

Have you enabled "New projects automatically share Previews"?

How is "Share Preview with iLife set"?

I have manually deleted previews and thumbnails from within the aperture library to force a rebuilt.

Has the rebuild worked? Have you checked in the "Masters" folder, if the previews actually exist for the images, that will not be dragged?

Have you checked each project in question, of the Previews for that project are enabled?

Select each of the the projects in question and ctrl-click (right-click) the gear-icon in the upper right corner of the Library inspector. Check the setting for "Maintain previews for project".

User uploaded file

If the previews are disabled in that menu, you cannot drag previews from the library.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2013 4:28 PM in response to dan_801

Dan,

can you please clarify a few points?

Have you enabled "New projects automatically share Previews"?

How is "Share Preview with iLife set"?

Has the rebuild worked? Have you checked in the "Masters" folder, if the previews actually exist for the images, that will not be dragged?

Have you checked each project in question, of the Previews for that project are enabled?

Select each of the the projects in question and ctrl-click (right-click) the gear-icon in the upper right corner of the Library inspector. Check the setting for "Maintain previews for project".

User uploaded file

If the previews are disabled in that menu, you cannot drag previews from the library.

Regards

Léonie

Unable to drag and drop out of aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.