Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift Cards

I have 2 gift cards, 1 for iBooks and 1 for App store. Do I have to use them for iBooks and App store? Is the balance loaded to my account as 1 amount to be used anywhere on iTunes?

Can this be used online for the Apples store?

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 2:26 PM

The designation of "books" or "apps" on an iTunes card is just marketing and doesn't mean that's all you can buy. Once you redeem the cards, they are actually good for anything in the iTunes Store or Mac App Store other than purchasing gifts for others.

They do not, however, apply in the Apple Store, the one where you can by Apple hardware.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2013 2:26 PM in response to CulinarianOK

The designation of "books" or "apps" on an iTunes card is just marketing and doesn't mean that's all you can buy. Once you redeem the cards, they are actually good for anything in the iTunes Store or Mac App Store other than purchasing gifts for others.

They do not, however, apply in the Apple Store, the one where you can by Apple hardware.

Regards.

Gift Cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.