Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extending Time Capsule Network

Hi

My desktop computer currently doesn't have wireless access.

It's too far to connect via ethernet to my Time Capsule downstairs.

I'm wondering if it's possible to extend the time capsule with a non apple router upstairs wirelessly

and connect to this new router via ethernet.

Thanks

Robbie

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 8:51 PM

I'm wondering if it's possible to extend the time capsule with a non apple router upstairs wirelessly

Apple uses proprietary technology for their "extend" function that is designed to work with other Apple routers.

So, it is unlikely that a given 3rd party product would be compatible with a Time Capsule for the purpose that you ask about. No harm in trying....you never know.....it might work. What device are you asking about here?

An AirPort Express would do what you want, assuming that it is located where it can receive a strong wireless signal from the Time Capsule.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2013 8:51 PM in response to robcatto

Apple uses proprietary technology for their "extend" function that is designed to work with other Apple routers.

So, it is unlikely that a given 3rd party product would be compatible with a Time Capsule for the purpose that you ask about. No harm in trying....you never know.....it might work. What device are you asking about here?

An AirPort Express would do what you want, assuming that it is located where it can receive a strong wireless signal from the Time Capsule.

Extending Time Capsule Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.