Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to Os X Lion, Problems

Now that I upgraded to Os X Lion, I have found out Quicken 2007, and Microsoft Office products are no longer supported. I was in the middle of entering info into Quicken and need it for taxes. Can I buy another program to intergrate with Quicken 2007 backup files?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 10:42 PM

Partly true. For Office see:

Office 2004 Applications Won't Work in Lion/Mountain Lion

You must have Office 2004 which is a PPC-only suite and will not work in Lion. You need to upgrade to Office 2011 - Mactopia - or you can try the freeware suite, Libre Office, that is functionally similar to Office 2007 for Windows except it works on Lion.

You may want to consider as well:

These two suites are similar to Libre Office but not as current or as well-supported:

NeoOffice

Open Office

And, then there is Apple's iWork suite:

Pages - word processing and layout

Keynote - presentation

Numbers - spreadsheet

Each can open and save Office compatible files. They may be purchased separately via the Mac App Store for $19.99 each.

(Access to the Mac App Store requires Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or higher and an Apple ID.)

Quicken is now available for Lion/Mountain Lion: Quicken 2007 16.1.2. There are many good products that can replace Quicken: SEE Finance, Moneydance 2012.5, and MyMoney 2.0.86 are just a handful.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2013 10:42 PM in response to LMBG59

Partly true. For Office see:

Office 2004 Applications Won't Work in Lion/Mountain Lion

You must have Office 2004 which is a PPC-only suite and will not work in Lion. You need to upgrade to Office 2011 - Mactopia - or you can try the freeware suite, Libre Office, that is functionally similar to Office 2007 for Windows except it works on Lion.

You may want to consider as well:

These two suites are similar to Libre Office but not as current or as well-supported:

NeoOffice

Open Office

And, then there is Apple's iWork suite:

Pages - word processing and layout

Keynote - presentation

Numbers - spreadsheet

Each can open and save Office compatible files. They may be purchased separately via the Mac App Store for $19.99 each.

(Access to the Mac App Store requires Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or higher and an Apple ID.)

Quicken is now available for Lion/Mountain Lion: Quicken 2007 16.1.2. There are many good products that can replace Quicken: SEE Finance, Moneydance 2012.5, and MyMoney 2.0.86 are just a handful.

Upgraded to Os X Lion, Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.