Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 : incoming calls, out going texts to other device that's not an iPhone, can't call other device that's not iPhone.?!?!?

I have had iPhone 5 since Nov 2012 - never any issues or problems with calls texts or wifi, now everything is faulting, no I didn't drop or dip in water or floor, yes I have reset, factory reset, restore etc.. Updated to latest verision IOS 6 etc..Everything - nothing works and still not resolved I get constant annoying texts from +888 who called now improved - issue began on Monday June 17th, 2013. Why does iPhone to iPhone msg work but not iPhone to any other device, why can i call and works but not someone from ANY device (including iphone) to my phone?? Apple support wants $120 for tech support for one year, I only want one problem solved... Fido says nothing wrong with network... What is going on?! Apple admit its a common "googled" problem but want my credit card to solve it - no advise, I asked for someone who can help me with the phone problem not the credit card issues (BECAUSE I DON'T OWN A CC AND HE WOULDN'T STOP ASKING FOR IT, borrow from a friend, go home and get one....) he disconnected me after I waited a good 10 minutes on the line first to be assisted and then to find me someone who can help me... Any suggestions ONLY ON MY PHONE ISSUES NOT MY BANKING ISSUES????? Please it's frustrating!

Another issue - my wifi keeps disconnecting on its own, never done that before - I could be surfing and streaming and get screwed on my data limit (1G)

No late payments EVER.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 8:12 PM

2 replies

Jul 22, 2013 7:43 PM in response to Kam120385

I ended up going to apple - made an apt with Genius Bar - they gave me a new phone. Diagnostics showed zero dropped calls - I saved all the missed calls - to show proof - had over 20 reported text stating who called at what time .. When my phone didn't even ring... Still having wifi issues.. Lots of people reporting its iOS 6 glitch....

Jul 22, 2013 8:00 PM in response to Kam120385

Kam120385 wrote:

Apple support wants $120 for tech support for one year, I only want one problem solved... Fido says nothing wrong with network... What is going on?! Apple admit its a common "googled" problem but want my credit card to solve it - no advise, I asked for someone who can help me with the phone problem not the credit card issues (BECAUSE I DON'T OWN A CC AND HE WOULDN'T STOP ASKING FOR IT, borrow from a friend, go home and get one....) he disconnected me after I waited a good 10 minutes on the line first to be assisted and then to find me someone who can help me... Any suggestions ONLY ON MY PHONE ISSUES NOT MY BANKING ISSUES????? Please it's frustrating!

Another issue - my wifi keeps disconnecting on its own, never done that before - I could be surfing and streaming and get screwed on my data limit (1G)

No late payments EVER.

That was not Apple Support you were talking to. If you used Google to look up who to call, the first entry is a third party support company that is known for not making it clear that they are not Apple. Always use the Contact Us link at the bottom right of every page on the www.apple.com.

I'm glad you didn't pay that other company and got help directly from Apple.

Best of luck.

iPhone 5 : incoming calls, out going texts to other device that's not an iPhone, can't call other device that's not iPhone.?!?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.