Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Username and Password in Yahoo Mail.

Hi,

How can I get Yahoo to save my Name and Password for my e-mail so I don't have to type it in everytime?

It was working like that yesterday, now all of a sudden I have to type it in.

It does not ask me if I want to save the username/password.

Thanks in advance

Mac Pro

OS X .8.4

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 8:58 AM

Me too. I think the latest Java update may be responsible but don't know for certain what to do!

11 replies

Jun 25, 2013 1:00 PM in response to Adam Berch

Open Safari > Preferences > Passwords

Delete anything Yahoo related then click Remove > Done

Now select the Privacy tab in Safari > Preferences

Click Details. Remove anything Yahoo related again.

Now open Keychain Access located in HD > Applications > Utilities

Select Passwords on the left.

Type yahoo in the search field top right corner of that window.

Then delete all Yahoo keychains.

Back to Safari ... Go to Yahoo.com then sign in with your username and password.

Click Yes when prompted to save that data to a new keychain.

Jun 26, 2013 2:12 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Could this be because yahoo has changed something? It seems many sites, such as banks, do something so web browsers won't save passwords. How does one determine if the login information can be saved or not?

Is there a way I can force Safari (or keychain access) to save passwords? In many cases, it is actually better security to have the passwords saved.

Keychain Access remembers a **** of lot more than passwords, I open it up and it has lots of

www.site.com (username) listed, apparently in the clear. In fact, I have 3 different usernames at

login.yahoo.com (usernameXYZ) Previously, in Safari, if I would click in the username box at yahoo login, a list would pop up allowing me to choose one. Now nothing happens. I don't completely understand what is safari and what is keychain access, but what I do know it seems that things are subject to break due to new releases and how a site decides codes it login web page.

Jul 5, 2013 9:02 AM in response to Bob R Oregon

Yes, I would like to know this too, Bob. Anyone? This can't be a big secret. My 74-year-old mother-in-law is at her wits' end. She uses IE, I use Firefox and Safari. None ask for Yahoo password (and many other sites now, it seems). I understand the security issues, but it's not like we don't choose "yes" to remember the password. I actually don't do this for my main email, but for secondary, non-personal email I would like the option.

Saving Username and Password in Yahoo Mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.