Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini or iPad 3?

I am going to get one soon, planning on just getting a reburbished iPad from the online Apple Store. I will either get the iPad mini with cellular ($389) or the iPad 3 with cellular ($409). I am leaning more towards the iPad 3 since it has the better chip and retina display. I am not worried about the latest and greatest iPad which is why I don't mind getting an iPad 3 which is much cheaper than the 4th gen iPad.

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 9:20 AM

5 replies

Jun 25, 2013 12:09 PM in response to caryrae

I would suggest you check them both out before you decide. I currently have an iPad 2, and was going to get the Mini to replace it..... until I tried it out and thought carefully about how I use my iPad.

For me, I use it for internet surfing, reading books and magazines, photography, email, calendar, and cooking (recipes stored in Dropbox accessible on the iPad). In the final analysis, I liked the larger screen, and since my iPad stays at home most of the time, the smaller size and greater portability of the Mini was not an advantage for me. I'll be upgrading to the next full sized iPad when they come out.

iPad Mini or iPad 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.