Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separating Apple ID from iCloud account mail address

Is it possible to separate out the Apple ID and the eMail address associated with my Apple iCloud account. I have had my xxx@mac.com ID since the very beginning and I feel quite sentimental about keeping it, as well as having practical reasons. However, the mail addresses xxx@mac.com and xxx@me.com, for reasons I will not debate here, leak like a sieve for boulders and I am tired of searching the hundreds and hundreds of spam mails for legitimate eMails.

The only legitimate eMails are ones sent to me by Apple to either promote their goods or receipts from the iTunes store or replies to questions in the support forum. I do not use the eMail addresses for mail otherwise. I use mail forwarding as a work round but I would like to find a permanent solution.

So can I set another address for mail from Apple, in all its forms: Support, announcements and iTunes and keep the old ID? I have aliases in Mail but I assume these will just harvest all the spam too, so I am guessing an eMail address change somewhere will be required and I just shut down the account address in Mail? However, I worry that on a planet far far away there is a server with my account ID in it which is filling up and filling up and filling up with all this garbage and someone will blame me when something bursts or backs up :0]

Drew

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 8:29 AM

There are no replies.

Separating Apple ID from iCloud account mail address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.