Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not sign into my magazine accounts for both Newsweek and Air and Space -All I get it Authentication Failed. Suggestons??

For the past week I am unable to sign into my magazine accounts. My Kindle works fine with the same log in name and password so it must be an iPad problem. After failure I uninstalled the App and reinstalled the App from Apple and got the same result (three times). So I subscribed to Air and Space. I got into the sign on for getting my account recognized then made my password. When I tried to sign in, to get the magazine, I got the same error as with the newsweek account. "Authentication Failed". I have no problem going onto the internet or to the associated web sites with Safrari browser on the iPad. Every thing else works just the darn magazine sign in. Apple blames the App but with both failing I suspect it is some setting. Note Newsweek has been working just fine for every Issue since it went digital. The last two failed..And as I said no problem with getting my Newsweek with my Kindle -- but I like reading it on the iPad as there is much more content..Suggestions -- HELP!!!

Ron

iPod classic

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 10:35 AM

Have you looked at the reviews for the apps? Sometimes if there's an issue it will be reflected in the reviews. You may also want to contact the developers because there could be a specific iOS issue that's messing with your access.

6 replies

Jun 25, 2013 12:17 PM in response to ronaldfromukiah

I had similar issues with my digital subscription to Fine Cooking. I contacted their Customer Service folks who called me and fixed the problem. Turn out there was a glitch on their end, so my subscription was having trouble authenticating. Since you are not having similar problems with other magazine apps, my guess is that the issue is at the magazine subscription service level. It's definitely worth a try to contact them.

Jun 25, 2013 5:19 PM in response to ronaldfromukiah

This is the message I got back from Newsweek! Good not my iPad!! Thanks every - I will close this when everythign is OK.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. When we updated, there was a glitch with the update, and some subscriptions are not being recognized. We are working to fix the problem, and I will notify you when this is taken care of. I am terribly sorry. Thank you for your patience.

I can not sign into my magazine accounts for both Newsweek and Air and Space -All I get it Authentication Failed. Suggestons??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.