Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network status shows ISP failed

Hi there

When I switch my mac on it connects to the internet automatically at first. Roughly five minutes later the Wifi stops working and I have to go into diagnostics to run the assistance tool. It shows that the ISP has failed - I click continue, continue, continue and then it says that it all appears to be working correctly.

This whole process then repeats itself every 5 minutes. Hugle frustrating

Am hoping that you all will be able to assist me?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 11:04 AM

8 replies

Sep 13, 2017 2:25 AM in response to Rocsta13

I own a iMac 27 and after the Sierra iOS update, I have an issue with the wifi access. The internet connection keeps dropping out every few seconds continuously. When running the diagnostics, ISP, Server and Internet stays in the red, connects momentarily green and then disconnects again. Note, the wifi doesn't disconnect though. I tried all possible remedies online except for changing the wireless mode from mixed mode of 802.11 to 802.11g only. This worked. However, before I connected the Apple Mac to this router all my other computers in my house including my apple iPads and iPhones all worked without any issue including my wireless printer. I cannot understand why only my Apple Mac computer doesn't connect on mixed mode and only works on 802.11g mode only. Even changing the wireless router itself didn't help and also I changed to the airport express 802.11n and still did the same unfortunately. As of present I am using the above mentioned wireless router which is with the fibre optic connection and the settings as shown above. The internet connections stays steady with these settings on the Apple Mac.

Has anyone had this similar issue? Does apple have a solution for this. I feel its something wrong with the computer software itself and noticed this after the Sierra iOS upgrade. Could anyone suggest a possible solution for this and using only the G mode, does it slow down the wifi connections speed unlike when using the mixed mode? I tried all possible solutions other than the one and only changing of the mode to only 801.11g mode and that's the only thing which makes the connection stable and doesn't let it drop out.

User uploaded file

Jun 27, 2013 10:53 AM in response to Rocsta13

Hello Rocsta13,

I can definitely see how it would get frustrating to have to go through Wi-Fi diagnostics ever five minutes. I found an article with steps you can take when you have network issues like this.

I recommend following the solutions under the sections titled "Symptom: The network connection drops unexpectedly" and "Symptom: After restarting or waking from sleep, my computer might not connect to the Internet" in the following article:

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues in OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4628

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Oct 26, 2013 4:29 AM in response to Rocsta13

I am having this exact issue with my iMac 21,5", totally ruins streaming and gaming. It's not as frequent as every 5 minutes but it is persistent. I can get back the internet access by turning wifi on and off, or by launching Network Diagnostics in which case it usually fixes itself after a couple of seconds, and sometimes I have to go through the steps described by Rocsta13.

I've tried the solutions linked to by Sheila M. but to no avail. I've also tried creating a new location, and adding new DNS servers. I am on a wifi network which other people use as well but I seem to be the only one with this problem. Could it be a ISP or router problem or something to do with my mac?

Network status shows ISP failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.