Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing Gridlines

Using Excel I am easily able to tell the printer whether or not to print gridlines.

Using Numbers, I find that this is not the case.

I've read numerous of the previous answers to this question which mostly recommended "reading the Manual."

I can't find this answer in the Manual.

Furthermore, from what I can discern from many of the answers, printing gridlines is not as easy as checking or unchecking a box. It seems that one is required to creat special formulas for one's sheet.

Am I wrong?

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 1:54 PM

8 replies

Jun 25, 2013 2:18 PM in response to John Clouse1

John,

Numbers, like the other iWork apps, is a What You See Is What You Get app. You don't turn onything on or off just for printing. If you want to print gridlines, you've got to be seeing them on your display prior to printing. Gridlines are called Borders in Numbers Tables. See Formatting Table Cell Borders on page 87 of the Numbers User Guide.

Jerry

Jun 25, 2013 3:49 PM in response to John Clouse1

John,

When the table is activly being edited, there are some faint lines to help you navigate. That's an exception to the rule I stated. However, when you click off the table, you see what you will get when you print.

There's a simple and quick way to add lines to all your cells:

1. Click the table name in the Sheets Pane

2. Go to the Graphics Inspector and set the Storke line type, weight and color.

Your graphics stroke settings will apply to all the borders in the table at once.

Jerry

Jun 30, 2013 7:36 PM in response to Wayne Contello

I am now able to print grid lines, though not as easily as I would like.

Apparently the secret (as explained above) is to highlight all the cells one wants to create grid lines for.

They only are created where one wants them, not everywhere on the page, and they need to be created each time a new project is undertaken.

Thanks for all your help.

Printing Gridlines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.