Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to use the imac as a viewer for my Nikon Camera?

After I hook up my camera to the Imac, Aperture launches. Instead, I'd like to just use the Imac to view the photos that are on the SD card inside my camera. That way, I can easily delete the photos I don't want to waste hard drive space on. I could do minor cropping from inside the camera before saving the files to Aperture. And, Photostream wouldn't pick up all those photos I didin't want to save in the first place had I moved them all over to Aperture and just viewed it with the card. I want the imac to operate as a live monitor so I can view the photos on the SD card inside the camera. Any thoughts?? Just like you can using a TV that has the right inputs.

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 5:54 PM

8 replies

Jun 26, 2013 3:39 AM in response to Ed on iPad

The norm is for the camera to be used a data-gathering device and the computer as a data-processing device. Additionally, camera cards are thought of as temporary storage, whereas computer drives are thought of as perduring. I don't see any of that changing any time soon (with the possible exception of the now-arriving merger of hand-held computers and small-sensor cameras).

Is there a way to use the imac as a viewer for my Nikon Camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.