Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Completely DEAD iPhone 3GS, Data Recovery ?HELP?

I have a iPhone 3GS 16GB, The other day it just went off? tried unplugging it from the mains and plugging it back in again, but nothing happened.

I tried to get it to go into DFU mode, Nothing!

Plugged it into my Desktop PC, Nothing showed in itunes?

I had it tested by a local phone shop and they said they did all the scans/checks and whatnot that they could and the iphone is a complete dud!:(

But i really need the data that is on there?

I have been told that if i take it to an apple store they can do a data retract for me?

What are my options for a complete dead iphone but needing the data on there?

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 6:03 PM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2013 6:25 PM in response to RyanT94

Apple does not offer and will not perform any data recovery service.

A simple google search will reveal multiple data recovery services, if you really need such a service and are willing to pay an arm, a leg, and give up your first born child for that data.

If the device has been used as designed, it would have been backed up regularly to iTunes or iCloud.

Simply restore that backup to a new iOS device.

Contacts and calendars should be synced to a supported application on the computer or a cloud service.

Pictures taken with the device should be regularly copied off the device to a computer as would be done with any digital camera.

Completely DEAD iPhone 3GS, Data Recovery ?HELP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.