Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I play VEVO videos with McTube Pro on my iPad?

Until recently VEVO music videos would play fine on my iPad and iPhone 5 with McTube Pro. I only noticed this week that they won't play anymore besides the ones I have already saved to the cache.

I get this error every time I try to access any VEVO video or channel.

"Playback Failed. You do not have permission to access the requested resource."

Since I have tried numerous times on two iOS devices and it doesn't work on either of them, I assume it's nothing to do with my devices specifically.

The videos work on the YouTube app and YouTube itself, just not McTube Pro. I wouldn't mind so much if only YouTube didn't have so many ads, some that can't even be skipped.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 6:42 PM

9 replies

Jun 28, 2013 3:09 PM in response to Alfred DeRose

Thanks. 16 people and many more have this issue as well, so I have no doubt that it's not my iPad.

I checked the app store and saw that they have now removed the paying feature, so it's an entirely free app now. I'm also told I have never downloaded this app despite having it on all my devices, so I suspect it is being treated as a new app after those updates. That would explain why some people ended up paying twice at first.

I'm afraid that the issue won't ever be resolved now that they have stopped working on the "old" McTube Pro that, for many of us, still supports caching.

Oct 6, 2013 11:51 AM in response to CTearz

I have teh same problem. Although I didn't know it was only VEVO videos. I recently upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 7 and everything woks great except when I got to this McTube Pro app. I tried to look at two different videos and casche them. But I got the same error message you describe. They happenned to be VEVO videos. I blamed the iOS 7, But apparently it is the app instead.

I went to the iTunes site and searched for te app and then tried to leave feedback. But after all the work writing my feedback, it just said "You need to buy this app or download it first." Of course I already ddi buy it since it is on my iPhone.

Why can't I play VEVO videos with McTube Pro on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.