Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Bose Sounddock 10 and it won't connect to my iMac through bluetooth. I've read almost every solution to this problem online and tried everyone of them and nothing seems to work. The bluetooth set up assistant doesn't list the Bose device

I just purchased an imac desktop and started to watch a movie. I tried to pair the imac with my bose sounddock 10 without success. I've read and tried everything that has been posted on the web and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 6:25 AM

Yep I had this exact same problem.

It seems you have to connect to the Sound Dock in a specific way when you have this problem. The first thing you need to do is press the BlueTooth button on the Sound dock for at least 5 seconds. The Bluetooth symbol will flash very slowly when you do this.

Second thing you need to do is click on the Apple icon and go to "System Preferences" then select Bluetooth. Now I know you can access bluetooth by quicker and different methods... but for some reason, they dont work! Humour me!

Once you have selected Bluetooth, press the "+" button on the bottom left and lo and behold your Sound dock will appear and the Mac will connect to it. Tah Da!

I have to connect this way EVERY time. Just clicking on the Bluetooth icon at the top right does not work for me personally, it can never find the Dock when I try it this way round.

Good luck.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2013 6:25 AM in response to sperk44

Yep I had this exact same problem.

It seems you have to connect to the Sound Dock in a specific way when you have this problem. The first thing you need to do is press the BlueTooth button on the Sound dock for at least 5 seconds. The Bluetooth symbol will flash very slowly when you do this.

Second thing you need to do is click on the Apple icon and go to "System Preferences" then select Bluetooth. Now I know you can access bluetooth by quicker and different methods... but for some reason, they dont work! Humour me!

Once you have selected Bluetooth, press the "+" button on the bottom left and lo and behold your Sound dock will appear and the Mac will connect to it. Tah Da!

I have to connect this way EVERY time. Just clicking on the Bluetooth icon at the top right does not work for me personally, it can never find the Dock when I try it this way round.

Good luck.

Nov 25, 2013 6:49 AM in response to sperk44

Oh... and also, by the way, None of the paperwork that comes with the Sound Dock explains this at all, so don't feel a fool. I spent £1500 and my Mac and £500 on my Sound Dock and was less than impressed when the 2 didnt talk to one another.

Bose were useless because they didnt use Mac's and didnt understand the set up commands, and Apple werent much help either. All you get is turn the device off and try again.

If it were that simple I wouldnt be ringing you in the first place guys.

I have a Bose Sounddock 10 and it won't connect to my iMac through bluetooth. I've read almost every solution to this problem online and tried everyone of them and nothing seems to work. The bluetooth set up assistant doesn't list the Bose device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.