Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Sound in Editing

A client has given me a DVD which he has had made by the local camera shop from a hi8 tape. He asked me to rip it to my HDD and then convert into an editable format so he can edit it on a Windows machine. I did as I was asjed and all was well...until he tried to edit it on his Windows system, where upon the sound was absent. The movie PLAYS WITH SOUND on his Windows system but he cannot edit it as there is no sound on importation into the Windows editing program?

Any ideas?

Thanks

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 16GB

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 8:12 AM

The movie PLAYS WITH SOUND on his Windows system but he cannot edit it as there is no sound on importation into the Windows editing program?

It would appear to be a problem on your client's pc and not the file you gave him/her.

But what did you convert the DVD video to? Filetype, & codec.

What editing software is your client using? Is it compatible with the filetype & codec you gave him/her?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2013 8:12 AM in response to apple-lovin-it

The movie PLAYS WITH SOUND on his Windows system but he cannot edit it as there is no sound on importation into the Windows editing program?

It would appear to be a problem on your client's pc and not the file you gave him/her.

But what did you convert the DVD video to? Filetype, & codec.

What editing software is your client using? Is it compatible with the filetype & codec you gave him/her?

No Sound in Editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.