Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAP sync not working properly

Dear community,

I have an issue with IMAP sync on an web.de email account.

My Setup:

a) web.de mail adress

b) IOS 6.1.3 mail client IMAPed to a)

c) MacOS X 10.8.4 (latested patched installed as per today) also mail client IMAPed to a)

The issue:

When deleting or moving an email via the mail client, it actually gets deleted/moved accordingly, at least from the view of the client.

Now logging on to the wed.de portal, I can still see the mail (both deleted and moved) in the inbox - though the mails appear in a "read" status.

Though when doing the same via the portal - all get's reflected properly in both IMAP clients.

What has been done so far:

1. Remove and re-setup IMAP setups on the both clients.

2. web.de support not having an idea other than request me to again remove and re-setup IMAP clients.

Intresting to know:

my wife using the same Mac (same software versions) plus also an IOS 6.1.3 IMAPed mail client, also with an web.de - and sche is not having the same issue

Anybody having an idea?

Is this a client issue related setup or anything else or could it be something on server side?

Thanks

BH

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 7:00 AM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2013 6:28 PM in response to BHof

HI,

I have exactly the same problem but with another "server", in my case is with imap.uol.com.br.

When i access thru my MAC Mini (OS 10.8.5 - no new updates available) all the changes does not reflect in the webmail interface, but when i access thru my IPAD New (IOS 7) all the changes reflect immediatelly in the webmail interface.

Tried to not keep any copy of the messages in the OS X mail preferences, but nothing changed.

For me it appeared in one of the latest updates on OS X.

Apple, can you check it?

Best regards.

MF_Bra

Sep 27, 2013 6:56 AM in response to MajorIP4

I oppened a CASE with Apple and after all they suggested me to fill a BUG REPORT on www.apple.com/feedback, under MAC OS and MAIL application.

I did and mentioned this thread and others with similar problems i could find.

Please do the same, because it's based on the ammount of issues they receive reports. Just mine for sure will be kept on the end of the list.

thanks.

IMAP sync not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.