Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2012 do not load, SSD problems and could not restore data

OS X Mountain Lion

Yesterday all was OK until I open simple website (without virus, because it is localhost website development).

My Macbook Air halts to few seconds and reboot.

Then on evening it worked well.

I had plug in its power and close it.

Morning I opened macbook and it begins to load (yesterday I did not shutdown it).

It shows gray screen, apple logo and for 1 second it shows progress bar. Then ajax-indicator-loading-star appears for less than second and macbook switches off.

And it is repeats - I switch it on then it switches off.

I tried to reset pram - not works.

I tried to make test (ALT+D on load) - test halts forever after 40 minutes of testing (touchpad stop work).

I tried recovery mode to backup files (ALT+boot) - Recovery panel say that I must to repair HDD. When I try to repair HDD it says I must to backup all files. I bought USB HDD drive 500Gb, formatted it to appropriate file system and try to restore Macintosh HDD to this drive - Recovery tool says it was a problem to backup (no verbose message).

I have not TimeCapsule to backup my data.

I have very important data on SSD.

How to restore it?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 5:14 AM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2013 5:17 AM in response to michaelkech

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Your obligation is to make backups, because all hard drives and, probably, SSDs will fail with the use and because of other things: temperature, for example.

It's quite possible that you have lost everything. The only thing you can do is to use an app like DiskWarrior and see if it can recover something, because this type of applications often fail. Also, there are companies that recover your files from the SSD or hard drive, but they are expensive.

Apple won't make a backup of your files and they will only install a SSD, so after getting your data recovered, take your computer to an Apple Store or reseller

Macbook Air 2012 do not load, SSD problems and could not restore data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.