Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone spy on my iPad using peektab or other spy apps?

I'm afraid someone has put peektab on my iPad 2. Is there anyway that can happen? If so, how can I detect if it is on there and what can I do if it is?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 7:29 AM

Is your iPad jailbroken? If it isn't then Peektab, and most if not all monitoring software of that nature, cannot be installed.

If it is Jailbroken, then we cannot help you as Jailbreaking is not supported by Apple, and as such forefits any help from them or these forums.

Why do you tihnk it has been installed? If its a corporate tablet, then the company is entitled to install whatever they deem necessarry on their devices.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2013 7:29 AM in response to pcso2454

Is your iPad jailbroken? If it isn't then Peektab, and most if not all monitoring software of that nature, cannot be installed.

If it is Jailbroken, then we cannot help you as Jailbreaking is not supported by Apple, and as such forefits any help from them or these forums.

Why do you tihnk it has been installed? If its a corporate tablet, then the company is entitled to install whatever they deem necessarry on their devices.

Jun 26, 2013 7:51 AM in response to pcso2454

Not unless you jailbreak it.

An un broken iOS, does not allow apps access to other apps activity or file area as by designed all Apps are kept in their own sandboxed areas without no access to other Apps, or the system itself.

Jailbreaking allows Apps to go and access anything they want anywhere on the device, which not only allows monitoring software to run, but exposes the iPad to viruses and other nasty things they are otherwise not vulnerable to.

Can someone spy on my iPad using peektab or other spy apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.