Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not re-download Viber on iPhone 4. "Error 8005" is coming. What to do?

Cannot I re-download viber? Each time I try "error 8005" is coming. Please help.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 7:49 AM

7 replies

Jun 26, 2013 1:07 PM in response to toomuch2much

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3297

"Error -50," "-5000," "8003," "8008," or "-42023"

These alerts occur due to timeouts or conflicts trying to write a file during download.

If you encounter this issue while accessing iTunes Store:

See iTunes 9: "One Moment Please" or "Error (-50)" message when accessing iTunes Store

If you encounter this issue while while downloading something from the iTunes Store:

Delete your iTunes Downloads folder, located in:

Mac OS X:
 ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Downloads Note: "iTunes Media" may appear as "iTunes Music. Also, the tilde (~) refers to your Home directory.

Windows Vista:
 \Users\username\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

Windows 7:
 \Users\username\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

Windows XP:
 \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

After locating your iTunes Downloads folder:

1. Quit iTunes.
  2. Delete the Downloads folder on your computer.
  3. Open iTunes.
  4. Choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
  5. Enter your account name and password.

If you encounter this issue while while downloading Digital Copies using Windows:

Use MSCONFIG (directions for Windows XP and Windows Vista/Windows 7) to disable conflicting software.

If using MSCONFIG steps resolves the issue, you may want to use the System Configuration Utility to turn on the third-party System Services and Startup Items one at a time (restarting your computer after turning on the item or items) to identify which System Service or Startup Item is causing the conflict.

You can turn all of them back on by selecting the Normal Startup option under the General tab of the System Configuration Utility window, but please note that this may cause the issue to reoccur.

If you are able to isolate the issue to a particular third-party software, you may wish to contact them to let them know of the conflict.

I can not re-download Viber on iPhone 4. "Error 8005" is coming. What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.