Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo stream is showing up in iphoto recent but not web and I am not able to join the shared photo stream. all of my software is updated. can someone tell me how to get photo stream in the web source list? thanks!

Can someone help me get Photo Stream to appear under Web in the iPhoto Source List? I have updated all my software. iPhoto 11, Mac OS X 10.7.5 All of my preferences are checked. I am able to see the shared Photo Stream on my iPad, but not my Mac. The Mac iPhoto photos from the shared photo stream are appearing in the Photo Stream (under Recent), but I thought they would appear as a shared Photo Stream in its own file/album (like on the iPad and iPhone) - labeled with the shared Photo Stream's title. Is this supposed to happen on the Mac? Thanks!

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Photo Stream & Shared PS

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 8:08 AM

4 replies

Jun 26, 2013 8:15 AM in response to lolastx

Your profile indicates your running 10.7.5. For shared Photo Streams you need to be running 10.8.2 or later: The following is from iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

What do I need to use Photo Stream?

To use Photo Stream, including Shared Photo Streams, you need an iCloud account, compatible devices, and up-to-date software: iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 6.0 or later Mac with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 or later and iPhoto 9.4 or Aperture 3.4 or later

So you'll need to upgrade to Mt. Lion.

OT

Jun 26, 2013 8:24 AM in response to Old Toad

Hi Old Toad!

The strange thing is that the photos are in photo stream (currently in the source list under recent, not web). So you are saying for it to do what i want: shared photo stream to appear in web then i need to upgrade. Does that mean i purchase the new software an it's not just an update? Thanks again!

Jun 26, 2013 8:42 AM in response to lolastx

So you are saying for it to do what i want: shared photo stream to appear in web then i need to upgrade.

Yes

Does that mean i purchase the new software an it's not just an update?

Yes

Your profile indicates your running 10.7.5. For shared Photo Streams you need to be running 10.8.2 or later: The following is from iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

What do I need to use Photo Stream?

To use Photo Stream, including Shared Photo Streams, you need an iCloud account, compatible devices, and up-to-date software: iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 6.0 or later Mac with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 or later and iPhoto 9.4 or Aperture 3.4 or later

So you'll need to upgrade to Mt. Lion.

iPhoto requirements are free updates for iPhoto '11

LN

photo stream is showing up in iphoto recent but not web and I am not able to join the shared photo stream. all of my software is updated. can someone tell me how to get photo stream in the web source list? thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.