Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro A1278 won't charge or power on MagSafe shows dim blinking green orange led

Ok, so yesterday I used my MacBook Pro in the morning and it worked just fine. I left out took the system with me inside of a incase backpack and stored it in my trunk. Please note I stay in Texas and the outside temperature yesterday reached about 95, I'm not sure what the trunk temperature was but if I had to guess I would say 105 although the system was not in direct sunlight. I was out a total of about 5 hours. When I got home the system power on for about 30 seconds then shut off as if the battery died. I went to plug the original 60w MagSafe adapter in and the computer did not charge, the MagSafe shows a dim blinking green/orange led. I did try using a brand new MagSafe power supply and got the same thing. I am sad to say that this system is just out of apples warranty, therefore if anyone has a good idea of what can be causing this issue it would be a great help. Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 9:50 AM

2 replies

MacBook Pro A1278 won't charge or power on MagSafe shows dim blinking green orange led

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.