Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a Mac iPod from friend, how to transfer to Windows 7??

I got a iPod from a friend of mine, but it's a Mac format iPod; I have a Windows 7 non-mac computer. I like the music and all that is on the iPod, but I am not sure how to format the iPod to my computer. I have tried a couple programs that I have seen that say it is possible, but nothing is working. One recognized the iPod as a Mac format iPod, but I don't have a Mac computer. iTunes on my computer doesn't recognize the iPod because of this, as well. How can I format this iPod to my computer or at least have it recognize it? I have some music on my computer that I want to add to it as well, but until I can get the iPod to recognize my computer and computer recognize iPod, i am lost. Any help would be helpful. thanks.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 12:31 PM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2013 1:11 PM in response to Kentvamp

Hi Kentvamp,

If you are having issues with your iPod being detected on your Windows machine, you may find the following article useful. Note: You may need to erase/reformat & restore your iPod in order for it to show up, which will delete any music or data currently on the iPod.

Apple Support: iPod not recognized in 'My Computer' and in iTunes for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1369

Regards,

- Brenden

Got a Mac iPod from friend, how to transfer to Windows 7??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.