Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reformat my mac with the latest operating system?

Hi,

Im looking to reformat my Macbook as it is starting to get very full and running very slow. I have backed up all of my data and I am ready to reformat, however i am a little stuck on where to start. I have never reformat a Mac before and would like some advice. The Macbook I am reformatting is a 13-inch Macbook Mid 2010 and currently is running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8. When i first purchased the Macbook it had an older version of OS X (im unsure what version exactly) and since then i have paid for the upgrade in opperating system.

My question is. Is there any way to reformat using the most current OS that is currently on my Mac if i do not have the CD (as i downloaded the OS)?

Or would I have to use the CD that came wit this Mac and then upgrade to the latest version? Also if i have to do it this way will i be charged again for downloading the most recent version of OS.

Thanks in advance.

Glen R

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 12:31 PM

1 reply

How to reformat my mac with the latest operating system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.