Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The iPod cannot be synced. You do not have enough access privileges.

I'll probably need help. I've seen the other postings, but I couldn't fix my iPod Nano. I might add that when I described this problem to a computer expert, he said that my iPod Nano had just worn out. He said that it would cost more than it's worth to fix it. One more thing, while trying to follow instructions on how to solve this problem, I lost most of my photos. I know that I can retreive them, but it will mean a call to Apple support. Anyway, what should my first step be to try to get my iPod working again?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 2:53 PM

4 replies

Jun 28, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Niku

No reply. Okay, then, I guess I have to start at the beginning. What does "sync" mean? I can turn on my iPod. The menus appear, and I can navigate thnrough them. I can read the names of all of the songs. The only thing missing is the sound. I can't hear any of the songs. Is that what "not syncing" means?

Jun 28, 2013 2:19 PM in response to Niku

Hi Niku!

I have an article here that should be able to help you with this permissions issue in iTunes. The article does not name this issue specifically, but I believe the troubleshooting and resolution steps are still relevant:

Trouble adding music to iTunes library or importing audio CD

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1387

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

-Braden

Jun 28, 2013 6:35 PM in response to braden85

Thanks for your help. I haven't read the article yet, but I thought I'd report that my main problem has been overcome. My iPod hasn't worked for more than a year, but starting today, it does. Fortunately, I never threw it away, as one computer repairman recommended. So now, it's not really important what "sync" means. I only asked about it because when I decided to make one last attempt to get my iPod working, I kept seeing those words, so I thought that was why I couldn't play the songs on my iPod. As it turned out, those words were irrevelant. They're still there, but I can now play the songs on my iPod.

How did I fix it? Don't ask me. I just kept trying and trying. I kept doing the same useless things

over and over, but I guess i finally did something different, because my iPod started working. It anounced itself back in business with Al Jolson singing "April Showers".

I'm not going to seek perfection today. Later, I'll probably try to get my iPod to "sync" again, whatever that means, but being able to play my tunes is good enough for now.

"The iPod cannot be synced. You do not have enough access privileges.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.