Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Does My Magic Mouse Suddenly forget left from right?

Have been using Magic Mouse for three years but in the past few months, a weird thing happens. All of a sudden, when I left-click, the contextual menu pops up as if I'm right-clicking.

There's almost no way to get rid of it. Anything I do, the contextual menu pops up, regardless of whether or not I'm left- or right-clicking.

I shut off the mouse for a minute and sometimes that helps.

In most cases, I abandon the thing and use my wired mouse.

Sometimes, I've changed the mouse batteries even though they should power at 50%.

There's no real consistency, though. A solution works one time and doesn't another time.

Is the circuitry in the mouse going bad?

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 5:12 PM

I'm guessing that "you're using it wrong". The way left- and right-click work on Magic Mouse (and Mighty Mouse) is it senses where your finger is while you click the one button. This means that for a right-click, you need to physically lift any fingers off the left side of the mouse, and press the button on the right side of the mouse.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2013 5:12 PM in response to KatieOConnell

I'm guessing that "you're using it wrong". The way left- and right-click work on Magic Mouse (and Mighty Mouse) is it senses where your finger is while you click the one button. This means that for a right-click, you need to physically lift any fingers off the left side of the mouse, and press the button on the right side of the mouse.

Why Does My Magic Mouse Suddenly forget left from right?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.