Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2007 Macbook Keyboard and Trackpad Issues Please Help! :)

This is going to be hard to explain but here it goes..... For whatever reason my 2007 Macbook has decided to go haywire. On the startup of my machine after the desktop has loaded my computer will start constantly beeping as if a key were stuck, the beeping will not stop until I press any key on my keyboard (it does not matter which key I press to make the beeping stop) I have tried opening textedit prior to pressing a key to see which key is being pressed and when I do so there is nothing but the curser is flashing extremely fast on the screen( which makes me think it is a non lettered or numbered key like "Shift" or "Back Space") Also, none of the keys respond on the screen like they are supposed to... the eject button asks me to restart or shutdown my computer, the "f1" and "f2" buttons both dim the brightness instead of "f1" dimming and "f2" brightening the screen, the caps lock button works correctly as does the" ' "and the "." but if i get on google to search something none of the letters work and half of the time it will just beep at me if i press a letter. As far as the trackpad goes.... the cursor works correctly as it should but the clicker does not. If I were to click on a program to open it... instead of the program opening it acts as if i were right clicking or "control clicking" everything. By that I mean If i click google chrome it a prompt will pop up asking me to open the program or remove from dock. I hope somebody out there knows what I am talking about as far as the issues I am having and maybe possibly has a solution to this problem.... oh and if i connect an external keyboard or usb mouse to the computer i have the same issues.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), KEYBOARD AND TRACKPAD ISSUES

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 5:07 PM

2 replies

Jul 22, 2013 7:16 AM in response to Brandon7600

A number of users have reported keyboard and trackpad issues caused by expansion of their MacBook's battery. To test for this possibility, do the following -

1. Shut down your MacBook.
  2. Remove the battery. Examine it for signs of expansion.
  3. Connect the AC power source (do NOT put the battery back in.)
  4. Start up the MacBook.
  5. Test for your issue.
  6. If the battery appears to have expanded, or the issue goes away when using the MacBook without the battery, replace the battery.

Best of luck.

2007 Macbook Keyboard and Trackpad Issues Please Help! :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.