Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mp4 to DVD in Compressor, aspect ratio

I'm trying to make a DVD of an mp4 movie I have. I put it in Compressor and chose DVD best quality 150 minutes (since it's over 2 hours) and I made sure the aspect ratio was 2.35:1 since that's what the movie is. It plays fine in the preview window in Compressor but when I export it the image is stretched vertically. How can I maintain the original aspect ratio? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 8:19 PM

2 replies

Jun 27, 2013 12:31 AM in response to Meg The Dog

I'm not exactly sure. When I click "get info" on the file, it says the dimensions are 1024x576, which is 1.78:1, but the original aspect ratio of the movie on imdb says 2.35:1. I think I might've solved the problem though. When I put the file in Compressor, I changed the "padding" to "preserve aspect ratio" and did a test of a few seconds of footage and it looked correct, so now I'm doing the whole movie.

mp4 to DVD in Compressor, aspect ratio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.