Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring photos from ipad to the Macbook - where are they on my macbook??

I really need your help.

My Ipad has water damage and the screen is blank but I can still backup/sync/transfer back to my macbook. I only want my pics/videos from my iPad.

I carried out the backup and sync but cant see the pics in the iphoto after I carried out the transfer. Am I doing something silly???

I have our first pics of our baby on the iPad so I really need the pics.

Thank you

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 8:30 PM

4 replies

Jun 26, 2013 8:35 PM in response to crowley_stephen

Hi stephen,

When you hook up your iPad, it should automatically open iPhoto, and iPhoto should then "interrogate" your device to see if there are any new photos that need to be imported.

Is iPhoto not automatically launching when you hook up your iPad? If not, you may have your setting set up to do so. Hook up the iPad, and manually launch iPhoto with the iPad hooked up. See if that triggers the import.

Also, do you have Photo Stream turned on? If you do, and you have iCloud on your Mac, then your iPhoto library should have a Photo Stream Event listed. You can simply create an album and move all or selected photos from the Photo Stream into that Album.

Post back with any questions,

GB

Jun 26, 2013 10:00 PM in response to crowley_stephen

I carried out the backup and sync but cant see the pics in the iphoto after I carried out the transfer. Am I doing something silly???

To transfer photos to iPhoto, you do not need backup and sync (but backup was a very good thing to do if the iPad is failing, this way you will be able to restore it, when you get a new one ) - connect your iPad by USB like this, to download the contents of the Camera Roll:

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

If iPhoto is not launching, when your iPad is connected, check the settings in ImageCapture for

"When a camera is connected, open" ?

See this support article:

iOS: Disabling digital camera notification in Mac OS X

Set: "When a camera is connected, open" to an application of your choice; for example i"Photo" or "Image Capture".

Then this should work:

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

Regards

Léonie

Nov 10, 2015 11:56 PM in response to crowley_stephen

You can try following ways to complete transferring:

1.Use cloud drive like Dropbox, One Drive. Upload your photos from iPhone to cloud and download on your Mac.

2.Use iTunes to transfer photos from iPad to Mac. Open iTunes > Connect your iPhone > Select your phone's icon in the Devices list on the left. Click the Photos tab. If you want to sync all your photos, enable the option for "All photos, albums, events, and faces."

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

transferring photos from ipad to the Macbook - where are they on my macbook??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.