Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Listening to audio (e.g., podcasts and music) in a Mercedes GLK350 SUV?

Hello.

Is there a way to hook up an iPhone 4S to a few years old Mercedes GLK350 SUV with its basic package? It can do mobile iPhone 4S' phone through its BlueTooth. Is it possible to do the same for its audio like podcasts and music? There are no audio cable hookups like for headphones as well. Or does one have to buy an addon for this to work?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 13.3" MacBook Pro (9,2/MD102ll/A)

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 9:59 PM

Ask Mercedes or consult your owner's manual.

12 replies

Jul 1, 2013 10:19 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Thanks. I finally got this e-mail re(ply/sponse):

"Date: 1 Jul 2013 12:04:58 -0400

To: ant...

Subject: Email from Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC

X-Mailer: Siebel 8.1.1.5 SIA [21227] LANG_INDEPENDENT

Dear Mr. Dude,

Thank you for your email.

We invite you to explore our mobile website for information on compatible

phones for Mercedes-Benz vehicles. For your convenience, we have included

a direct link below. Please note however that Bluetooth audio streaming

(for media) was not available prior to model year 2013 GLK vehicles.

http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/us/en

We hope you find this information helpful..."

So, are there any addons or anything to do this since SUV can't do it? Thank you in advance. 🙂

Jul 1, 2013 10:29 AM in response to antdude

Not sure if the Mercedes will support it, but look inot Airplay.

If you have your Phone connected through Bluetooth, you should be able to send the audio to your stereo through bluetooth using Airplay.

Using AirPlay

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4437

At leats it works that way in most cars I've tried it with. as far back as a 2010 Explorer. I'm sure the Mercedes technology can handle it just fine.

Just look for the Mercedes stereo name in the Airplay icon, and tap it to send audio to it.

Jul 1, 2013 10:39 AM in response to Phil0124

Phil0124 wrote:

If you have your Phone connected through Bluetooth, you should be able to send the audio to your stereo through bluetooth using Airplay.

Using AirPlay

At leats it works that way in most cars I've tried it with. as far back as a 2010 Explorer. I'm sure the Mercedes technology can handle it just fine.

Just look for the Mercedes stereo name in the Airplay icon, and tap it to send audio to it.

OK, I will ask my client with his iPhone 4S' (iOS 5). Your Airplay link didn't mention anything about cars though, or did I miss it?

Jul 7, 2013 3:35 PM in response to antdude

antdude wrote:

Phil0124 wrote:

Using AirPlay

OK, I will ask my client with his iPhone 4S' (iOS 5). Your Airplay link didn't mention anything about cars though, or did I miss it?

OK, reading that link is confusing for us newbies and we're unable to find AirPlay names in both SUV and iPhone 4S (now using the latest iOS 6 firmware). Where are they at?

Jul 8, 2013 3:47 PM in response to antdude

The airplay icon can be found once the Bluetooth connection has been made, in the task bar.

Double click the Home button so that the Recently used Apps tray comes up, and swipe all the way to the left.

There should be an Airplay icon there.

Alternatively you can look for it inside the Music App in the Now Playing page at the bottom, next to the Volume slider.

User uploaded file

If its not there, then the bluetooth connection is not correctly made.

Jul 9, 2013 1:47 PM in response to deggie

MySync has no ability to create a Wifi network, and the article you linked to which is the same one I linked to does not mention anything regarding the need for Wifi. Just that to use Airplay between an iPad and Apple Tv you need Wifi, well yes of course, because the iPad and Apple Tv can only communicate through Wifi. No BT in an Apple TV.

But take Bluetooth speakers for instance? You connect to them through bluetooth not Wifi, and once you do the Airplay icon is available to select a destination for the Audio.

Come to think of it, my iSound Twist BT speaker does the same thing. I'll admit it may not be known strictly as Airplay, but the icon is actually there so you can select output.

Listening to audio (e.g., podcasts and music) in a Mercedes GLK350 SUV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.