Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is macgamestore.com reliable?

I recently discovered a website called macgamestore.com that has many games featured on the Mac App Store, but some much cheaper. Why is this? Is it actually any good? Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 3:46 AM

I recently discovered a website called macgamestore.com that has many games featured on the Mac App Store, but some much cheaper. Why is this? Is it actually any good? Thanks.

I wouldn't be too quick to assume that the report that shldr2thewheel posted is accurate. That appears to be a single report posted on that site by an anonymous user, and should not be taken as an official report of any kind. There could be any number of inaccurate reasons for a particular individual to call the site a scam. On the MyWoT page for that site (which is pretty good), there's a comment from one user that claims the site is distributing malware, but the reasons given are crap.

All that said, keep in mind that old standby: "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." Ask yourself why some of their games are cheaper than the same games on the Mac App Store. Perhaps the developer increases the price on the App Store to cover Apple's fees? But perhaps not... Bioshock 2 is actually cheaper in the App Store than through the developer's own web site, or at least it was when I bought it. Try posing that question to the company directly (in a non-confrontational way, since there are legit reasons for that sort of thing). Unfortunately, I can't find any contact info in any obvious places on their site, but they have a Facebook page and Twitter handle... try asking them publicly through one of those media.

You're wise to ask these questions before buying and/or downloading!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2013 3:46 AM in response to angieandbuzz

I wouldn't be too quick to assume that the report that shldr2thewheel posted is accurate. That appears to be a single report posted on that site by an anonymous user, and should not be taken as an official report of any kind. There could be any number of inaccurate reasons for a particular individual to call the site a scam. On the MyWoT page for that site (which is pretty good), there's a comment from one user that claims the site is distributing malware, but the reasons given are crap.

All that said, keep in mind that old standby: "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." Ask yourself why some of their games are cheaper than the same games on the Mac App Store. Perhaps the developer increases the price on the App Store to cover Apple's fees? But perhaps not... Bioshock 2 is actually cheaper in the App Store than through the developer's own web site, or at least it was when I bought it. Try posing that question to the company directly (in a non-confrontational way, since there are legit reasons for that sort of thing). Unfortunately, I can't find any contact info in any obvious places on their site, but they have a Facebook page and Twitter handle... try asking them publicly through one of those media.

You're wise to ask these questions before buying and/or downloading!

Jan 31, 2015 6:08 PM in response to angieandbuzz

Let me just advise you and all the people who fall upon this discussion. Macgamestore is legit. I bought Civilization 5: Complete from this store and it was for sale at 12.49USD and the steam price was 48USD something. Wow. That different in price. At first I was skeptical as still these stores need to earn, however I did not think about that before I bought and I did some research and found this. That website "ripoffreport" is the worst website to go if you don't want to get frightened. It was written by some idiot who didnt even bother to put evidence up or anything.

If I were anyone I would not buy download games from them but get lets say Steam keys.

Jul 26, 2013 8:36 AM in response to angieandbuzz

Hi there,

I'm one of the principles at Macgamestore.com. We have been selling Mac games since 2006 and have a long standing relationship in the Mac community. We've sold well over 1 million Mac games in our history. Unfortunately, from time to time, customers do have issues with Mac games such as crashing bugs, badly coded games, etc and we try to remedy these issues as fast as possible.

If you have any further questions about Macgamestore.com, please let us know!

Tuncer

CEO

Macgamestore.com

Is macgamestore.com reliable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.