Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Question - Delete App.

Hello everyone. I downloaded MacTheRipper...dumb move. Do not want it. How do I delete the application? So far, I have simply dragged the ICON which was in my application folder to the trash - and then securely emptied the trash. Does that 100000000000% delete it? Please help...

ibook G4 14, Mac OS X (10.4.6), 1.25GB RAM, U2 iPod

Posted on Jun 7, 2006 5:37 PM

2 replies

Jun 7, 2006 5:40 PM in response to Marco Meneses 11

Unless the program has an Unistaller, simply dragging the icon from the Applications folder to the trash (and emptying the trash) is enough.

If you wish, you can use Spotlight to search for files with "MactheRipper" in them and delete those. The files you may find would be preference files, which are insignificantly small.

~Lyssa

Jun 7, 2006 5:45 PM in response to Marco Meneses 11

Hi Marco,

Yes, that deletes the application, but it doesn't take the preferences or any files that might be associated with it.

The best way to get rid of an application is to go to Sherlock (or Find F) and type in the name of the application; in this case "MacTheRipper". You should see a bunch of different files come up, at least the program and the preference(.plist). Throw any of the files that correspond with the program that you don't want into the Trash and go to Finder > Empty Trash... (or Secure Empty Trash). That should do it for you.

Jon

PS The best way to delete an application is to use the uninstaller if it came with one. I don't recommend using programs that delete applications like AppZapper.

[I suffer from a slow typing disorder ;-)]

Macbook 2.0 White (100Gb HD 2Gb RAM) Mac Mini 1.42Ghz, iPod (All) , Airport (Graphite & Express), G4 1.33Ghz iBook , G4 iMac 1Ghz, G3 500Mhz, iBook iMac 233Mhz, eMate, Power Mac 5400 LC, PowerBook 540c, Macintosh 128K, Apple //e, Apple //, and some more... Mac OS X (10.4.5) Moto Razr, iLife '06, SmartDisk 160Gb, Apple BT Mouse, Sight..

Message was edited by: ~JB~

Quick Question - Delete App.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.