Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login to iMessage because of wrong serial number

After a logicboard and keyboard change, the technicians at the service flashed a new serial number to the board that doesn't fit the original serial which is on the box. After upgrading to Mountain Lion a year ago my iMessage stopped working with Facetime. As well as iWork documents don't sync to iCloud from my Mac. I didn't realize this till recently as I was using upgrades from my old system but when making a full new install that problem occured. Is there a way to fix this problem? When I asked the technical service they insisted that a flashed logic board can't be flashed again.

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), MacBook5,1 C2D 2,4

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 6:31 AM

1 reply

Sep 15, 2014 5:59 AM in response to Hakan Uzer

Some update to the situation. As AppleStore is finally opened in Istanbul, I had chance to take my MacBook directly to them. The geniuses were extremely helpful but in the end the situation can not be solved yet because:

i. the new serial number flashed to the logic board is not an apple device serial number, therefore apple can't do any operations because of it

ii. their recommendation to install the old logic board with correct serial number can not be followed as it was long time ago and that old logic board has been thrown away

Still I can see my issue in the support page without any progress, though nearly two months has passed over our last correspondence. Still waiting this issue to be solved so that I will be able to use the new features of Yosemite with my other iDevices.

Can't login to iMessage because of wrong serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.