Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally downloaded video onto wrong device....help?

I accidentally downloaded a rented movie on my laptop instead of ipad. I am traveling and want it on my ipad. Can I move it or only view via home sharing when connected to wifi?

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 6:30 AM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2013 11:31 AM in response to adkotis

Hello adkotis,

You can transfer the rented movie to the device, which will MOVE it from the computer to the iPad, but not copy it. Heres an article on how to do that:

iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ)

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1657

Can I play my rental on more than one device?

• If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
  • If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.

Take care,

Sterling

I accidentally downloaded video onto wrong device....help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.