Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage will not send to one person...

Ok so I have the iPod 4th generation. It is up to date but heres the problem. I am unable to send an iMessage to a person. I can type it, however, once I press send, I never get the little "delivered" note.Even restarting or resetting internet connection won't help. This is only happening to one person that I regularly message. Everyone else I can message to. The person who I am trying to message has an iPhone 4 and I'm not too sure what happened because we were just talking to each other yesterday. What is wrong? Is it long distance? Is the other person's iPhone not on or doesn't have iMessage not on? My internet connections works excellently. My iMessage is on and the Wi-Fi on my iPod is fine. Everything is in good standings, but my messages to that one person will not deliver (and give me that deliver note) 😟

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 1:26 PM

Can they Message you?

Could you message them before?

Are you using the correct email address (or phone number)?

17 replies

Jun 27, 2013 2:04 PM in response to LittleMissLuckystar

Make sure you include asking them what phone number/email address are listed in Settings>Messages>Send and receive.

A well as if it is turned on and if they can Message other iPod or iPad users. Since The Messahes apps is also used to send texts to non iOS device, if the person can send texts to non-iOS device that does not mean that Message work on there iPhone via Apple's Messaging servers.

Aug 16, 2013 1:01 PM in response to lllaass

I have an iPhone 4S and was texting a friend who also has one. Well she sent me a message back but it was sent as a text and I tried to text her back but mine went through as a imessage but wouldn't deliver. So I tried to resend it as a text but it failed to send. I thought it was my phone so I text others with an iPhone and it went through perfectly.? It is my phone or her phone that is messing up.? I kept getting text messages from her all that day but I never could reply back to her.

Sep 24, 2013 7:09 PM in response to LittleMissLuckystar

I was having the exact same problem with just one contact. Did all the resets, etc. I am copy and pasting below what worked for me, it was SO frustrating. Good luck and I hope it works for you.

Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, deselect all email addresses.

Go back one screen and turn off iMessages. Now go back a screen, and go to FaceTime, deselect all email addresses and turn off FaceTime.

Wait 5 minutes.

Turn on iMessages, ensuring no email addresses are selected, it should then have your mobile number ticked. Do the same for FaceTime.

We have no idea why this works. It just does.

I would love to know if it solves your problem!

iMessage will not send to one person...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.