Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing codecs from A intermediate to pro res

I am importing footage from a Panasonic GH2 through iMovie into FCP.

I am using apple pro res 422 codec, seq. settings but the footage comes in with apple intermediate codec, from i Movie. I was having trouble importing footage from GH2 directly into FCP so a techy said just use iMovie to download files and drag into project in FCP.

Within the same project I have footage from a Panasonic HVX which comes in with DVC PRO HD codec.

How do I unify so just one codec is used in the project?

catherine.

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 5:25 PM

3 replies

Jun 27, 2013 5:30 PM in response to DBLewis

Use COMPRESSOR or MPEG STREAMCLIP to do the conversion. Both are free, Compressor comes with FCP. But Convert it to ProRes 422, and make a ProRes sequence...and add the DVCPRO HD to that. Converting the Gh2 to DVCPRO HD would be a travesty. Convert it to 10-bit full raster 4:2:2 ProRes.

AIC is horrid, very lossy. And iMovie is never a tool to use to get footage into FCP. Unless you use FCX...those integrate nicely I hear.

Jun 27, 2013 5:40 PM in response to Shane Ross

Have you any of your tutorials to help with that work flow..I have no idea how to get clips into compressor and choose the right settings, I have only ever used it to compress FCP projects for export to DVD Studio Pro.

Obviously I have all the files in iMovie. and the HVX 200 files in a contents folder.

If no tutorial, I can follow bullet points instructions well.

catherine

changing codecs from A intermediate to pro res

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.