Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting @icloud mail to fetch from other addresses

WE are moving and my mom cancelled her cable TV and internet service...

With that her @comcast.net email adress is also going to be cancelled. She has had this address for more than 10 yrs, and does not want to part ways with it.

What I would like to know: is there a way for Mail to fetch any of the mail sent to that adress so that if any of her old contacts address her she will still be able to recieve messages.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 5:19 PM

Hmmm, not that I know of. Also, if she cancels Comcast, they will disable the email address so iCloud wouldn't have a way to get it anyway.

It may be possible that you can forward the email from the comcast side. In fact, I know that's possible as I do it. Log onto the account at comcast.net and you can specify the forwarding account. This may stop working once the account is canceled however.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2013 5:19 PM in response to gritzildino

Hmmm, not that I know of. Also, if she cancels Comcast, they will disable the email address so iCloud wouldn't have a way to get it anyway.

It may be possible that you can forward the email from the comcast side. In fact, I know that's possible as I do it. Log onto the account at comcast.net and you can specify the forwarding account. This may stop working once the account is canceled however.

getting @icloud mail to fetch from other addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.