Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Mountain Lion, "The server gave an error during download: 403 Forbidden." && Xcode update "To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it."

I've bought OS X Mountain Lion, the started to download it, close the mac without finish it, and now when im trying to download it agan, the appstore gave me the error "The server gave an error during download: 403 Forbidden.".

I have an update too for the XCode and when im trying to push Update, the AppStore show me an alert with the message:

"You have updates available for other accounts

"To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it."

Help me please, I've allready pay for the update and cannot make use of it.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 5:30 PM

1 reply

Jun 27, 2013 6:43 PM in response to elemeq

I've bought OS X Mountain Lion, the started to download it, close the mac without finish it, and now when im trying to download it agan, the appstore gave me the error "The server gave an error during download: 403 Forbidden.".

Restart your Mac and follow the instructions here > Mac App Store: How to resume interrupted downloads

You have updates available for other accounts

"To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it."

Help here > Clearing up Mac App Store confusion | Macworld

A recommendation. When upgrading to a new OS X, if it can be avoided, do not interfere with the installation.

OS X Mountain Lion, "The server gave an error during download: 403 Forbidden." && Xcode update "To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.