- 6th Generation Airport Extreme drops connection intermittently at random times.
- 6th Generation Airport Extreme (main router - no hard drive/not a time capsule) located center of house on the main floor. 2 Range extenders each approximately 30+ feet away from main router. First range extender (Airport Express - newest generation) located on the third floor parallel to main. Second range extender (Airport Express - new generation) is located at the end of the kitchen (main floor).
- Main Router is connected straight from a Motorolla Surfboard modem on a foyer table at the center of the house.
- Range extenders connected to Main Router wirelessly and at wall outlett height.
- Same setup as above but, with the 5th Generation Airport Extreme instead of the 6th Generation.
- All current versions.
- 1 SONY VAIO VGN-FW490J
- HP Notebook G60
- Several WEMO outlets
- 1 iPad Mini
- 1 iPad 2
- 1 iPhone 5
- 1 Motorolla RAZR MAXX
- Macbook Pro
- iMac (wired from main router on foyer table)
Note: All of these routers/range extenders/modem/computers are plugged into surge protected outlets.
With the new Airport Extreme my family and I have been experiencing intermettent connection drops. The amber light on the main router turns on and within a few minutes turns green and connection resumes again. This has been happening for a few days now ever since I purchased the new router. This has not happened before with the 5th generation router, which I donated to our church.
I have not exchanged the product yet. I will be initiating a Complete Power Recycle after some suggested solutions in a bit. I have contacted my Internet Service Provider (Comcast) for a line check and found no problems.
Has anyone found any solutions to resolve the intermittent connection drops? Is reverting to the previous firmware going to solve this?
I would like some insights before trying to do all this. Thank you all for your time.
I've done a detailed post since posts like these is frequently asked questions on set-up, devices, connections, etc: