Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any fix for touch pad issue in mac book pro on windows 7?

Hi, I've recently installed windows 7 and parallels in my mac book pro. While i run windows with the parallels track pad, scrolling and right click are functioning properly. But when i logon to windows directly none of them are functioning.

Pls lemme know if there is any fix for this.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 7:28 AM

If you mean by login to Windows "directly" that you are running Windows from a Bootcamp partition, did you download and install the Bootcamp Windows Support software? The support software puts a Bootcamp icon on your Windows task bar. Using this Bootcamp control panel you can set up the track pad how you want.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2013 7:28 AM in response to dheerajreddy87

If you mean by login to Windows "directly" that you are running Windows from a Bootcamp partition, did you download and install the Bootcamp Windows Support software? The support software puts a Bootcamp icon on your Windows task bar. Using this Bootcamp control panel you can set up the track pad how you want.

Jul 3, 2013 6:34 AM in response to KiranJJ

KiranJJ wrote:

Running Windows in parallels from the BootCamp partition messes the original installation. My experience. You will have to remove the parallels virtual machine from mac and did a complete reinstall of Windows later.It is better to keep your virtual machine separately.

This is not true. Running Bootcamped Windows from Parallels or Fusion does not impact the Bootcamp installation of Windows. It just provides a different access to the single Windows installation. Both Parallels and Fusion support this configuration and instructions for how to use Bootcamped Windows as the virtual machine's tartget operating system is included on each virtual machines's respective site.

Any fix for touch pad issue in mac book pro on windows 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.