Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone doesn't connect or charge when pluged in to my computer.

So im was trying to sync my iPhone with my computer and when i pluged it in it didnt react at all. like nothing happned. It didnt show up on iTunes and it didnt start charging. I tryed 2 different ports (this ports work normally with any else i connect to them) with 2 different cables and it didnt work. The funny part is that when i connect it to wall outlet it charges normally. What do you suggest? Is there any way of fixing it? Do i have to go to apple store so they fix it for me? Ohh and sorry for my english. Thanks for the answe

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4, Black

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 3:13 AM

23 replies

Jun 28, 2013 5:32 AM in response to Myrtali

Ok something weird happned. I held down sleep and home button. I wanted me to connect it to iTunes (i guess it was in recovery mode because that happned to me befor and i hade to restore it) then it held down sleep button and it turned off and then turned on again and it was my old phone. Everything still the same, nothing got deleted. Another thing, im running iOS 7 Beta 2. Can that effect the whole thing? But still my problem acured before i got iOS 7 on my phone.

Jun 28, 2013 5:35 AM in response to JureSotosek

Well if it occured before then I wouldn't believe so. but i want you to follow word for word. Unplug the device, Hold home and sleep at time til it goes black, when it does release sleep but keep holding down home, then plug in the device and release home after it recognizes it.

Also I want to ask, Do you have any security software running?

iPhone doesn't connect or charge when pluged in to my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.