Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Qello won't play properly

My Apple TV is not buffering qello, had same problem with the apple concert series. Very annoying as content continually stalls & is basically unwatchable. Any ideas on what is going on & how to fix?

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 3:04 AM

8 replies

Jun 28, 2013 3:54 AM in response to whymebother

Intermittent problems are often a result of interference. Interference can be caused by other networks in the neighbourhood or from household electrical items.

You can download and install iStumbler (NetStumbler for windows users) to help you see which channels are used by neighbouring networks so that you can avoid them, but iStumbler will not see household items.

Refer to your router manual for instructions on changing your wifi channel or adjusting your multicast rate.

There are other types of problems that can affect networks, but this is by far the most common, hence worth mentioning first. Networks that have inherent issues can be seen to work differently with different versions of the same software. You might also try moving the Apple TV away from other electrical equipment.

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Jun 28, 2013 7:03 PM in response to whymebother

Thanks Winston, appreciate the reply though not sure these are the cause as my household is only one of five in our area that can run ADSL & out of the five only myself & one other have the Internet, seeing as the other person is elderly they do not use theirs frequently, other 3 blocks that could connect are unowned. Also due to my desired lifestyle the only electrical equipment I have & use is a tv, Apple TV, Mac Pro (rarely used), iPad, only lighting used is salt lamps or candles. Heating is by wood fire & cooking outdoors with gas barbecue. I have checked my Internet speed which is as it should be however I do reside in Australia which runs one of the worst speeds for Internet compared to other countries. I do not live in a remote area either in fact only a short drive on outskirts of a capital city hence being able to run ADSL2. Think it is most likely my countries inability to supply a productive fast Internet speed.

Jun 30, 2013 4:04 PM in response to whymebother

Same problem. 9 out of 10 times the Qello app just kills my Apple TV and I have to restart. When the Qello app doesn't crash out the AppleTV it usually pixelates and has poor audio performance.

I have 20MB/sec internet access, the Apple TV is hardwired (no wireless) and my routers firmware shows that I'm not having any connection issues and should have plenty of bandwidth.

I think the issues are probably two fold... one is the Application itself is obviously buggy (suprised Apple didn't find this in any Q/A testing) but beyond that it looks like the service isn't setup to serve up the bits at the rate needed.

I like the service but I'll be cancelling ASAP.

Nice that Winston there sems to have just cut and pasted canned response. That's not my problem as I'm hard wired... a quick serach on the interwebs shows that this seems to be a pretty common problem sadly.

Jun 30, 2013 4:46 PM in response to fensterbme

Thanks you nailed it on the head, so far has not crashed but the audio & pixelation is a nightmare. Only thing I have noticed when trying to watch again next day, was it will play the previous watched concert without a hitch but seeing how I do not want to keep re watching same concert over & over, or put my ears, eyes or waste my time through the agony of a new download in hope it may replay right 2nd time round ... I too will be canceling my subscription. NOT HAPPY just another useless app on Apple TV if you live in Australia.

Sep 2, 2013 8:41 AM in response to whymebother

I have the ATV3 and was SO excited about Qello that I paid for the year right away. I first tried it online, then my iPad with no issues. I couldn't wait to watch it on my ATV. Boy was I in for a disappointment! Playback usually starts out fine, but then switches to unwatchable quality in both audio and video. Then sometimes the audio will get better, but still not good, and sometimes so will the video. It's as if the servers cant handle the data output and auto adjusts the stream.

I can tell you that it's NOT my network. My ATV is hard wired to the network, and no other ATV app does this ever.

It's either the Qello app itself, or the Qello service. I suspect it's the app on the ATV device because I have no problems on my iPad or online.

I hope that the developers are aware of this, cuz it's very frustrating!!

Qello won't play properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.