Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to mirror ipad to tv wirelessly without wifi network

I purchased an apple tv with the hopes that I could use it to mirror what is on my ipad screen to my television. Within about 20 minutes, I had this working but later realized that it required the television and the ipad to be on the same wifi network. unfortunately where I plan to use this setup, there will be no wifi network available. Is there any way to use airplay mirroring without a wifi network? Can you connect your iPad to your tv wirelessly just for the mirroring feature?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 5:20 AM

17 replies

Jun 28, 2013 5:29 AM in response to Diavonex

I have tried successfully to do this using an adapter and hdmi cable. I was trying to change this setup to wireless to clean up the clutter on my office desk since I use this with clients and because the wires are stiff and come ajar sometimes because of movement while writing on my tablet. So I really need this to be wireless. I asked the Best Buy salesperson and they showed me how it worked but failed to mention that it needed the wifi connection. I thought the ipad synced directly to the Apple TV. Any suggestions?

Mar 8, 2015 10:56 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I have a Wireless router, and have some Ethernet wires connected to various components (cable box, Wii etc.) I connected my Apple TV to the router through the Ethernet rather than wifi, but this has resulted in not being able to mirror my ipad/iphones to it. Since the ipad is on the same network, why can I not mirror to the Apple TV unless it is also on wifi? Do I really have to disconnect the Apple TV from the Ethernet cable, revert to wifi, to be able to mirror from my other devices?

How to mirror ipad to tv wirelessly without wifi network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.