Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Code 52

I have an iphone 5 that will not connect to my computer. When I tried to diagnose the problem it said code 52. I updated everything, and I still have a problem. Does anyone have a solution?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 7:57 AM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2013 8:01 AM in response to ashleyy410

That's actually a Windows problem, not a problem with the phone or iTunes.

Try this (blatantly stolen from this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3800524?start=0&tstart=0 )

1. With iPhone plugged into USB - goto Control Panel - System - Device Manager - expand 'Mobile Devices' and uninstall the 'Apple iPhone'

2. Staying in the Device panel expand the USB Controllers - unstall the 'Apple Mobile Device USB Driver' and close the device manager window

3. Now unplug any Apple USB device.

4. Control Panel - Programs & Features - UNINSTALL "Apple Mobile Device Support"

5. Restart Computer

5. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:/Program Data/Apple/Installer Cache/

Now 'sort by date' in that directory, and open a folder that's an earlier/previous version ("Apple Mobile Device Support 4.0.0.97" worked great for me) and double click the installer that resides in that folder (AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi) and allow it to run.

6. Restart your computer

7. Plug in your iPhone and allow it to re-detect the device.

8. Open iTunes and hopefully you'll be back in business.

Code 52

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.